https://infracost.io logo
#help
Title
# help
j

jolly-hydrogen-68912

11/03/2023, 10:59 AM
Hey there! I am using the latest version to calculate Kinesis costs, but for some reason the unit prices are all 0 πŸ€” If it matters, I am self-hosting the pricing API (did a
docker-compose pull
and updated the db to make sure I have the latest). Am I doing something wrong?
Copy code
β”œβ”€ PROVISIONED                                                                                                                                                                              730  hours                              $0.00
 β”œβ”€ Put request unit                                                                                                                                                         Monthly cost depends on usage: $0.00 per units
 β”œβ”€ Extended retention (24H to 7D)                                                                                                                                           Monthly cost depends on usage: $0.00 per GB
 β”œβ”€ Long term retention (7D+)                                                                                                                                                Monthly cost depends on usage: $0.00 per GB
 β”œβ”€ Extended retention retrieval (7D+)                                                                                                                                       Monthly cost depends on usage: $0.00 per GB
 β”œβ”€ Enhanced Fan Out (EFO) Data retrieval                                                                                                                                    Monthly cost depends on usage: $0.00 per GB
 └─ Enhanced Fan Out (EFO)                                                                                                                                                   Monthly cost depends on usage: $0.00 per consumer-shard hour
One thing I noticed is that in the code, the attribute filter is for
Storage-ShardHour
(as an example for 1 attribute). I am checking the pricing data in Postgres, and it’s only called that in
us-east-1
. In other regions, there is a prefix, e.g.
EUC1-Storage-ShardHour
. I wonder if the filter is doing a full match or a partial match...
I’ve tested my theory by tweaking the data:
Copy code
UPDATE products
SET attributes = JSONB_SET(attributes, '{usagetype}', '"Storage-ShardHour"', false)
WHERE attributes->>'usagetype' = 'EUC1-Storage-ShardHour';
I can confirm that after this change, the shard-hour cost changed from $0 to the correct value. Will submit an issue on GitHub.
c

crooked-daybreak-55253

11/07/2023, 12:05 PM
Hey Nick, thanks again for the report. The fix will go out in the 10.31 release. If you’re using the github/lab app, it should be fixed now.
3 Views