We in process of testing/POC this app (infracost).
We need help to get it to work in our environment (self-hosted).
We use your docker-compose as baseline:
but per InfoSec mandate, we can’t use the images as is.. we have to modify it: use our own base image (vetted by IS team) and build the packages on top..
we successfully built the API-server image, but we have problems with the postgres..
I myself new in writing dockerfile, and need help/guidance.
1. The base image must be “amazon linux”, doesn’t matter which version.. (we plan to deploy this app on AWS-ECS)
2. Download all the necessary postgres packages and dependencies
3. do integrity checking of the downloaded packages (optional)
4. Configure them and have the postgres up/listening
questions (before we spend too much time/effort troubleshooting):
1. can postgres run on amazonlinux? we assume it should
2. can infracost run on newer postgres, i.e v15 ? instead of v13
Lets start with this.